Episode 20: Babies, Bombs and Bravery, a Ukraine Mother talks
Two weeks ago Kateryna was an ‘ordinary’ mum, going to the gym and having coffee with other mothers in her Ukraine home. Now, with her husband and babies, she has fled her home where bombs destroyed nearby apartments and a kindergarten to shelter with family. As we spoke, the curtains shook with the vibrations of bombing, despite there being three layers of blankets nailed across the windows. The blankets have been put up in case the windows smash, so glass won’t fall where Kateryna, her husband and babies are sleeping on the floor (when they can sleep through the noise of sirens and warfare).
Kateryna wants the world to know what is happening – this is her story. She has asked if she can keep on speaking to me as long as she is safe, we plan to speak again each day that we can.
Follow Kateryna’s blog on Facebook – you can also send donations through her PayPal. Message her for the details.
Resources to donate:
And please leave me a short review – this makes it easier for others to find Tits Up.
- “Open up the iTunes Store.” “Select ‘Podcasts’ from the upper left of screen list”.
- In the search box, type in the name of the podcast; ‘Tits Up With Pinky McKay’
- Click on the correct item in the search results to be taken to the iTunes page.
- On the item’s iTunes page, choose “Ratings and Reviews” from the top navigation.
- Click the button, “Write a Review.”
- Write your review and leave a 5-star rating.
- Hit “Submit.”
WIN!! Each month I’ll draw a winner from everyone who leaves a review on Itunes. The Winner will receive a collection of my books Parenting by Heart, Sleeping Like a Baby and Toddler Tactics (Penguin Random House)