Episode 10: Diversity in Mothering Journeys
Dr Jana Pitman – Olympian, World Champion athlete, mother of four and medical Dr in a busy emergency dept through the pandemic.
You’ll feel yourself getting ‘puffed out’ just listening to Jana Pittman’s life!
Often we think of athletes as determined, competitive, single minded and often, extrinsically motivated (and as time has gone by, Jana has questioned the importance of that approval of others), but that’s not all this amazing person is…
Jana is a:
- Mum – who found her way through breast feeding problems, negotiates ‘mother guilt’ and loves having the young ones in bed (“They smell great!”)
- Doctor – working in triage 3 days a week and training in obstetrics (being a woman and having experienced pregnancy loss and IVF isn’t true for most of the specialty!)
- Wife – a single mother for some of her children, Jana has conceived two children using donor sperm and has donated eggs for IVF. She loves and appreciates her Mum’s and her husband’s support.
And if that’s not enough to wear you out, let’s throw in her appearance on SAS Australia just six months after having a baby!
You’ll love this very real chat, and listen in for the first ‘Tits Up, Tits Out’ moment ;>)
(scroll to see more)
And please leave me a short review – this makes it easier for others to find Tits Up.
- Open the Apple Podcasts app on your device.
- In the search box, type in the name of the podcast; ‘Tits Up With Pinky McKay’
- Click on the correct item in the search results to be taken to the iTunes page.
- On the Tits Up With Pinky McKay main podcast page, scroll down past the description to ‘Ratings & Reviews’.
- Click the link “Write a Review.”
- Write your review and leave a 5-star rating.
- Hit “Submit.”
- You can also just leave a 5-star rating without writing a review.
WIN!! Each month I’ll draw a winner from everyone who leaves a review on iTunes. The Winner will receive a collection of my books Parenting by Heart, Sleeping Like a Baby and Toddler Tactics (Penguin Random House)
More about our guest - Jana Pittman:
Jana Pittman has represented Australia at three Olympic Games and is the first Australian woman to compete in both a Summer and Winter Olympics. A two-time World Champion and four-time Commonwealth Champion in the 400 metre hurdles, she is recognised as one of Australia’s greatest female athletes. But there is so much more to Jana than her sporting achievements. She is a mother of four, a medical doctor, and an inspiration with an amazing ability to pick herself up after setbacks that would crush most of us.
Follow Jana on Instagram @janapittmanofficial
And watch her journey on SAS Australia on Channel 7 from 13th September
Are you in the market for a baby carrier or wrap? Or is the one you have too complicated or bulky?
Marsupi is the perfect hybrid between a wrap and a carrier. Loved for its simplicity Marsupi gives you the snugness of a wrap and the support of a more traditional carrier but without all the bulk and fiddly bits.
Weighing only 260g grams and made from a cotton and linen blend Marsupi helps keep you and bubs cool while providing you all the support you need.
Some of Marsupi’s key features are:
- Simple to get on and off (no buckles or clasps
- Fully adjustable
- Made from Natural Fibres making them breathable
- Recognised as hip healthy by the Institute of Hip Dysplasia – helping to keep your baby sitting correctly and safely.
- Suitable for newborns (from 3.5kg) to 15kg
- Can be used to front and hip carry